Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Franklin Fountain


My Friend Jon turned me onto this amazing soda fountain, The Franklin Fountain, in Philadelphia! Even though I've never even been there it seems pretty amazing and beautiful. I wish I were in Philly so that I could become a regular!

When I was a kid there was a soda fountain right down the street from my house, a real old school one, and I would ride my bike down the few blocks and get cherry vanilla phosphates and penny candy. I miss that place. The Franklin Fountain not only seems as though it could bring back that nostalgic feeling for me, but also fill me with a joy I haven't felt in a long while. The joy of innocence.

The soda fountain in general is an ephemeral thing. Most of us don't even know what one is. But I remember--and I crave one close to home. I guess I'll have to take a trip to Philly to get that taste of the past I desire!

"Eat to please yourself, but dress to please others" -Ben Franklin

No comments: